Monday, July 17, 2017

Collection Highlight: Peter Pan and the Lost Boys of Neverland

Hey everyone!

Today, I just want to highlight my most popular collection, Peter Pan. Honestly, I'm not sure why this is so popular, but I hope it shows a revival of classic children's literature. The idea of never growing up appeals to kids and parents who realize that childhood is short.

For the color scheme, I chose to go with mostly greens and blues. I added some purple in later designs so it could also be a bit feminine. The best part about working with the Peter Pan story is the variety of characters. You have pirates, indians, fairies, and mermaids all in one story. Because of that wide variety, I can easily made designs that appeal to boys and girls, just like the story of Peter Pan.

Truth be told, I have never been too fond of the film adaptations of Peter Pan. I feel like there was always that missing quality that J. M. Barrie's storytelling had that turned Peter Pan into something completely magical for children and endearing for adults.

Here's a few of my highlighted designs from this collection. To see the full collection, click here.






 



No comments:

Post a Comment